This month I have also started various fruits like strawberries, raspberries and rhubarb. They have started to come through under the main blue/red LED light, here. Since the lettuce grew so badly, I am regrowing old lettuce stems along with celery, spring onion and leeks as you can see below. Here, I am using old tins with water. Doing this has been somewhat successful and raised my interest in growing with hydroponics.
One of the main worries I had was whether I would have an influx of flies in my home from growing these plants. This has not been the case so far after a couple of months. However if that does become the case I will have to come up with ways to decrease the problem. Overall, I'm really happy with this experiment so far and after one month since my last post, the plants seem to be doing really well.
In my last post I mentioned concern in that I might be using a great deal of electric to light the LED's however, I received a bill last week which indicated that despite this indoor growing, my bill was still significantly lower than this time last year. I wrote about ways in which I was lowering my electric bills in this blog post if you are interested in ways to save money on your electric bill.